Nauticam has introduced its housing for the fourth iteration of Sony’s “entry-level” a7-series digital camera—the a7 IV. Constructed round a brand new 33MP BSI-CMOS sensor and the newest Bionz XR processing engine, the Mark IV accomplishes steady capturing as much as 10fps with AF/AE monitoring and captures UHD 4K/30p 10-bit 4:2:2 from the total sensor width. It additionally boasts a completely articulating touchscreen and a 3.69M-dot viewfinder.
Constructed across the N100 port system (like Nauticam’s different Alpha-series housings), the NA-A7IV comes with the options you’d count on from a Nauticam housing: aluminum construct with built-in handles, ergonomic management placement (together with a right-hand twin thumb lever for REC and AF-ON, and a left-hand single lever for PLAYBACK), and a built-in vacuum verify and leak detection system.
As you’d count on, the housing provides a large-bore M24 bulkhead supporting HDMI 2.0, which lets you join an Atomos Ninja V and report 4K/60p 10-bit 4:2:2. Strobe triggering by way of fiber-optic cables requires the addition of the non-compulsory Mini Flash Set off, whereas electrical strobe triggering can also be potential with an non-compulsory Nikonos bulkhead.
The NA-A7IV is transport now from retailers equivalent to Backscatter and prices $4,127.
When buying underwater pictures tools just like the merchandise talked about on this article, please help DPG by supporting our retail accomplice—Backscatter.com.
THE SONY Α7 IV FULL-FRAME MIRRORLESS CAMERA
The Sony α7 line of full-frame mirrorless cameras has lengthy been on the forefront of providing a wide range of fashions with comparable type issue which can be geared in the direction of totally different capturing types. With the α7 RIII and RIV, the main target was on low-light video-centric and extremely excessive decision respectively whereas the α7IV marries the 2 to create a real hybrid capturing platform. The Exmor R backside-illuminated 33MP full-frame sensor delivers excessive decision nonetheless photographs whereas leveraging the massive sensor dimension to offer ultra-sharp and color-rich video downsampled from the total 7K sensor width.
- 33MP full-frame Exmor R™ BSI CMOS sensor with BIONZ XR™ processor
- 4K 60p 10-bit 4:2:2 video with out crop
- 4K 30p 10-bit 4:2:2 downsampled from full sensor width 7K w/o pixel binning
- Actual-time Eye-AF for people and animals
- S-Log3 gamma for optimum Dyanmic Vary seize
- 5-axis in-body picture stabilization
The α7IV’s improved autofocus system borrows closely from Sony’s different α sequence releases of late utilizing their Quick Hybrid AF system which mixes phase-detection and contrast-detection to offer quick and correct focus. The AF space is expanded to cowl nearly 94% of the body with 759 AF-points. Sony’s newest Actual Time Monitoring and Eye AF modes promise to offer each correct focus monitoring for stills and video. A brand new Focus Map characteristic permits for simpler visualization of depth of subject when filming. to assist insure the important components of your topic are sharp.
4K 60p video captured with 10-bit 4:2:2 high quality at up yo 600Mbps with out crop units the α7IV squarely with its friends in video capabilities. Including within the choice to seize 30p downsampled from the total 7K sensor width provides the person the choice to decide on the best mode for his or her capturing type. Capturing video within the S-Log3 gamma profile provides entry to the digital camera’s full 15+ stops of dynamic vary for elevated latitude in submit processing.
Along with upgrading the autofocus, video and nonetheless seize capabilities of the digital camera, the α7IV additionally now has the choice to take care of discrete settings for video and nonetheless modes. The devoted dial atop the digital camera makes switching between modes problem free. The menu system has additionally been upgraded to make navigation simpler and extra just like different current fashions.
THE NAUTICAM NA-A7IV UNDERWATER HOUSING
The NA-A7IV is designed as an optimized resolution for each underwater nonetheless and shifting picture seize. Outfitted with Nauticam’s in depth lineup of equipment, the NA-A7IV may be personalized to excel in both function. The newest in a protracted lineup of Sony mirrorless system housings, the NA-A7IV options the identical intuitively positioned controls, simple setup, and rugged reliability person’s have come to count on.
By no means miss a shot on the lookout for a button or dial. No matter the place the management could also be discovered on the digital camera, Nauticam engineers have positioned that management on the housing the place it’s wanted most. Important dials and buttons are inside simple attain of the bolstered ergonomic handles. Atop the housing, a brand new devoted lever permits fast switching between Nonetheless, Film and S&Q (VFR Video) modes. A twin thumb lever close to the best deal with actuates the REC and AF-ON buttons and a single lever close to the left deal with is for PLAYBACK.
A big bore M24 bulkhead is positioned on the entrance of the housing to be used with HDMI 2.0 or HDMI 1.4 (with a step-down adapter to M16) exterior displays and recorders. An extra M10 threaded mounting place close to the entrance heart of the housing additionally makes utilizing an exterior monitor even simpler. The A7IV can output 4:2:2 10-bit 4K at as much as 60fps to exterior recorders permitting for recording in edit-friendly codecs equivalent to ProRes. See the assets sidebar for extra particulars and really helpful setups.
Premium Skilled Optics
Constructed across the N100 Port System for Sony E-Mount, the NA-A7IV can help all kinds of native lenses with a number of Optical Glass and Acrylic ports. When used with an E-Mount to EF-mount lens adapter and an N100 to N120 adapter (see Assets sidebar for supported adapters), the NA-A7IV can be utilized with the Canon N120 EF-Mount port system, increasing the capabilities of the system even additional. Going past standard optics the NA-A7IV can leverage the unparalleled optical high quality of Nauticam’s Water Contact optics such because the WACP-1 which provides as much as 130º field-of-view, full zoom by means of, an nearly 0″ minimal focus distance with supported lenses. For macro, the SMC-1 and SMC-2 ship tack-sharp super-macro magnification ranges as much as 4x with the Sony 90mm macro lens.
Vaccum Examine and Leak Detection
The housing comes with electronics pre-installed for Nauticam’s Vacuum Examine and Leak Detection system, requiring solely the non-compulsory M14 Vacuum Valve (25624). This monitoring system offers fixed updates on the water tight and safe-to-dive standing of the housing. A easy shade coded LED lighting system lets the person know that the vacuum is strong, or that the housing is dropping vacuum. Leak detection is constructed into the identical circuit, so if there’s water intrusion, an audible and visible indication will happen. The Nauticam system is temperature compensated, eliminating false alarms brought on by a change in outdoors temperature, or from a digital camera heating up on an motion packed dive.
Triggering of exterior strobes is completed by way of the built-in fiber-optic bulkheads when utilizing the non-compulsory Mini Flash Set off for Sony (26302). Digital triggering can also be by way of an non-compulsory Nikonos Bulkhead. Notice that when utilizing this with the Vacuum Valve would require the non-compulsory M14 Offset Connector with Vacuum Valve II (25026).
What’s In The Field
- NA-A7IV Housing
- 90120 Spare Important O-ring with remover instrument and lubricant
- 2x Handles with Mounting Balls
- Panasonic CR2032 Battery (for moisture alarm and leak detector)
- Set of Allen Keys
- Handbook Instruction Card
- Padded Housing Bag and shoulder strap
Suitable N100-N120 Adapters
- 37305 N100 to N120 35.5mm Port Adapter II (for NA-A7IV)
- 37306 N100 to N120 25mm Port Adapter
Required equipment for HDMI 2.0 Cable System
- 25086 M24 adaptor for HDMI 2.0 cable (incl. tightening instrument)
- 25094 M24A3R140-M28A1R170 HDMI 2.0 Cable (for NA-A7SIII to make use of with Ninja V housing)
- 17922 Nauticam Atomos Ninja V Housing for Atomos Ninja V 5” 4Kp60 4:2:2 10-bit Reorder/Monitor/Participant (excl. HDMI 2.0 cable)
- 17922S Nauticam Atomos Ninja V-S Housing for Atomos Ninja V 5” 4Kp60 4:2:2 10-bit Reorder/Monitor/Participant (excl. HDMI 2.0 cable) with Atomos AtomX SDI Module
Required equipment for HDMI 1.4 Cable System
- 25033 customary HDMI bulkhead with M16 thread
- 25081 M24-M16 Step Down Adaptor
- 25095 HDMI (D-A) 1.4 Cable in 170mm Size (for connection from HDMI bulkhead to digital camera)
*25033 included in 502B-H/Shinobi-H/503-H monitor housing
- 17920 NA-502B-H Housing for SmallHD 502 Shiny Monitor
- 17923 NA-Shinobi-H Housing for Atomos Shinobi 5.2″ 4K HDMI Monitor with HDMI 1.4 enter
- 17925 NA-503-H Housing for SmallHD 503 UltraBright On-Digicam Monitor
Really useful Equipment
- 32211 Nauticam Full Body Straight Viewfinder 32°/ 1:1
- 32212 Nauticam Full Body Straight Viewfinder 40°/ 0.8:1
- 32213 Nauticam Full Body Angle Viewinder 32°/ 1:1
- 32214 Nauticam Full Body Angle Viewinder 40°/ 0.8:1
- 32201 Nauticam 180˚ straight viewfinder
- 32203 Nauticam 45˚ viewfinder
- 25624 M14 Vacuum Valve II (Pushbutton Launch)
- 26302 Mini Flash Set off for Sony
- 26216 Common Optical Fiber Cable
- 28130 Hand Strap for 28113 (For NA-1DXII/D500/D5/80D/A9)
- 25218 Mounting Ball Set for Tripod (for NA-A9/A7RIII/BMPCC/XT3)
- 37202 Nikonos adaptor for NA-A7II/A9/A7RIII/A7RIV/a2020
- 25626 M14 Offset Connector with Vacuum Valve II (Pushbutton Launch)
- 25056 M14 Nikonos 5-pin bulkhead with common hotshoe connection
Dimensions: 340mm(W)x 170mm(H) x 125mm(D)
Weight in air: 2.7kg
Weight in water: 0.3kg incl. digital camera and battery
Depth Score: 100m
Suitable Cameras: Sony α7IV
Mannequin Quantity: 17432
USA Retail Value: $4,127
Extra data is on the market from Nauticam at: www.nauticam.com