Nauticam has introduced its housing for the Canon EOS R7, the higher-spec’d—and costlier—of two just lately launched RF-mount digital camera our bodies with cropped sensors (the opposite being the EOS R10). The R7 contains a 32.5MP APS-C sensor, shoots constantly at as much as 15fps with the mechanical shutter (and as much as 30fps with the e-shutter), and data UHD 4K/60p 10-bit video utilizing the total sensor width.
Like Nauticam’s housings for different fashions in Canon’s mirrorless EOS line, the NA-R7 accommodates each RF lenses and EF lenses through an adapter. Controls are ergonomically organized round built-in handles, together with a right-hand twin thumb lever for M-Fn and File in addition to a right-hand single lever for AF-ON.
The housing affords built-in fiber-optic bulkheads, and fiber-optic triggering of strobes is feasible through an non-obligatory guide or TTL set off. Videographers can connect an exterior monitor through HDMI 1.4 or an exterior monitor/recorder just like the Atomos Ninja V or Ninja V+ through HDMI 2.0. Nauticam’s vacuum test and leak detection system comes as normal.
Priced at $3,377, the Nauticam housing for the Canon EOS R7 could be ordered now from retailers corresponding to Backscatter.
When buying underwater pictures gear just like the merchandise talked about on this article, please assist DPG by supporting our retail associate—Backscatter.com.
THE CANON EOS R7 CAMERA
The Canon EOS R7 is the newest in Canon’s APS-C mirrorless digital camera lineup which has gained unprecedented demand. It options the RF lens mount which has the identical giant 54mm diameter however the capability to have bigger rear lens parts which are nearer to the sensor offers elevated nook and periphery sharpness.
The R7 makes use of a 32.5MP CMOS sensor with in-body picture stabilization which might cut back shake by as much as 7 stops. The digital camera’s Twin Pixel II autofocus system was carried over from the professional physique EOS R3 and options 651 automated AF factors overlaying the complete sensor space. Additionally it is able to recording oversampled 4K 30p video utilizing the total 7K space of the sensor, or subsampled UHD 4K as much as 60p from the total sensor width.
The EOS R7 may also use the massive EF-mount lens lineup through a easy EF to EOS R adaptor. The Nauticam NA-R7 housing solely helps the the usual EF to EOS R adaptor and does give entry to the management ring or drop in filter adaptors.
Key Digicam Specs
- 32.5MP APS-C CMOS sensor with Twin Pixel AF
- As much as 30 fps capturing (e-shutter), 15 fps with mechanical
- In-body picture stabilization, rated at as much as 7 stops
- Oversampled UHD 4K as much as 30p, line-skipped or cropped 4K/60p
- 10-bit video as ‘PQ’ true HDR footage or C-Log
- 2.36M dot OLED viewfinder
- 1.62M dot fully-articulating touchscreen
- Twin UHS-II SD card slot
- Environmental sealing
THE NAUTICAM NA-R7 UNDERWATER HOUSING FOR THE CANON EOS R7 CAMERA
The NA-R7 underwater housing follows go well with with Nauticam’s drive for innovation. Like the total body Canon EOS R5, R5 C and R3, the NA-R7 current shooters with the flexibility to make use of each the accessible legacy EF lenses through an adapter along with their native RF optics. To assist each the legacy and native lenses, Nauticam has designed a N100 to N120 adapter which integrates into the N120 Canon EF port system. Canon’s EF to RF mount adapters could be affixed to the digital camera earlier than insertion into the housing. When utilizing the EOS R7 contained in the housing with the adapter and a supported EF lens, the port and extension ring association might be an identical to the identical setup on a Nauticam Canon N120 DSLR. Because the RF-S lens lineup emerges, devoted port and extension ring mixtures might be listed on the brand new N100 RF-S Port Chart.
Nauticam engineers are obsessive about getting the underwater picture maker unfettered entry to all the mandatory controls, with as many inside simple attain of the ergonomic rubberized handles. This Mission Management philosophy extends to the NA-R7 the place a twin thumb lever is positioned by the best entrance aspect accessing the M-Fn and File buttons. On the rear proper aspect is a thumb lever accessing AF-ON. Close to the left deal with is a thumb lever for “Playback.”
Massive knurled and rubberized management dials entry the digital camera’s “essential” and “sub” command dials. The 2-stage set off permits for clean focus and firing activation. Extra buttons for “Menu”, “Focus Level Choice” and others are additionally simply reached from the handles.
Flash triggering is achieved through certainly one of two non-obligatory Flash Triggers, a guide LED set off (PN 26305) or a TTL Flash Set off (PN 26321) that use the built-in fiber optic bulkheads with non-obligatory fiber-optic cables to set off supported strobes. For controlling strobes that don’t assist fiber optic flash triggering, quite a lot of legacy hot-shoe flash management bulkheads can be found.
Built-in Vacuum Test and Leak Detection System
The Nauticam vacuum test and leak detection electronics are shipped with the NA-R7 as normal gear. Mixed with an adjunct vacuum valve (25624) this monitoring system gives fixed updates on the water tight and safe-to-dive standing of the housing. A easy shade coded LED lighting system lets the person know that the vacuum is stable, or that the housing is shedding vacuum. Leak detection is constructed into the identical circuit, so if there may be water intrusion, an audible and visible indication will happen.
The Nauticam system is temperature compensated, eliminating false alarms attributable to a change in outdoors temperature, or from a digital camera heating up on an motion packed dive.
What’s In The Field
- NA-R7 Housing
- 90137 Spare essential o-ring, lubricant and removing device
- 2x Plugs for fiber optic mount
- 2x Handles with mounting balls
- Set of allen keys
- CR2032 battery for leak detector
- Padded housing bag and shoulder strap
- 25624 M14 Vacuum Valve II (Pushbutton Launch)
- 32211 Nauticam Full Body Straight Viewfinder 32°/ 1:1
- 32213 Nauticam Full Body Angle Viewinder 32°/ 1:1
- 32201 Nauticam 180˚ straight viewfinder
- 32203 Nauticam 45˚ viewfinder
- 26305 Guide Flash Set off for Panasonic/FujiFilm/Canon
- 26321 TTL Flash Set off for Canon
- 26216 Common Optical Fiber Cable
- 25081 M24-M16 Step Down Adaptor
- 25020 M14 Nikonos 5-pin bulkhead with Canon hotshoe connection
- 25017 M14 6 pin bulkhead for Canon system
- 25022 Canon Hotshoe Plug to M14 Ikelite Model Bulkhead ~X and Floor Connection Solely
- 25221 M10 strobe mounting ball for housing
- 25224 M10 strobe mounting ball for housing (with gap for utilizing with lanyard)
- 17959 Housing Mounting ball with 1/4” screws
- 25218 Mounting Ball Set for Tripod (for NA-A7RIII/BMPCC/XT3/RIV/Z50/R7)
- 17960 Common Quadra-Pod Plate for Nauticam Housings
HDMI Really useful Configurations
For HDMI 2.0 Cable System
- 25086 M24 adaptor for HDMI 2.0 Cable
- 25077 M24D1R205-M28A1R170 HDMI 2.0 Cable (for NA-XT3/R5 to make use of with Ninja V housing)
- 17922 Nauticam Atomos Ninja V Housing for Atomos Ninja V 5” 4Kp60 4:2:2 10-bit Reorder/Monitor/Participant (excl. HDMI 2.0 cable)
- 17922S Nauticam Atomos Ninja V-S Housing for Atomos Ninja V and Ninja V+ 5″ Recorder/Monitor/Participant (excl. HDMI 2.0 cable) with Atomos AtomX SDI Module
For HDMI 1.4 Cable System
- 25033 Commonplace HDMI Cable with M16 Thread
- 25081 M24-M16 Step Down Adaptor
- 25076 HDMI (D-D) Cable in 200mm Size for NA-XT2/NA-XH1/NA_A6400
- 17925 NA-503-H Housing for SmallHD 503 UltraBright On-Digicam Monitor (With HDMI 1.4 enter)
- 17923 NA-Shinobi-H Housing for Atomos Shinobi 5.2″ 4K HDMI Monitor with HDMI 1.4 enter
Dimensions: 323mm x 173mm x 138mm (W x H x D)
Depth Score: 100m
Weight in air: 2.3kg
Weight in water: detrimental 0.1kg (contains digital camera and battery)
Port Opening: N100
Mannequin Quantity: 17338
USA Retail Value: $3,377
Extra info is accessible from Nauticam at: www.nauticam.com